Parents often ask “When is the right time to sign-up for camp?” And typically we respond with “as soon as you know your child wants to attend.” And this is true because you can often get the best camp prices and availability the earlier you register for camp.
However, this doesn’t answer the real question you want to ask:
And the answer to this can be complicated. Factors that affect the answer are:
- What type of camp is it? (overnight vs day camp)
- What type of activities are involved? (sports vs specialty camp)
- How well-known and popular is the camp?
Most camps completely sell out by May and June. This is true in our Cleveland and Columbus markets. However, with Cincinnati being a new market for us, we have no historical data to predict how or when Cincinnati camps will fill.
The Luxuries of Registering Early for Camp
Classroom Antics Tech Camp registrations begin each year the day after Thanksgiving. Many people think it’s too early to open registrations. However, signing up early for camps provides families some nice luxuries.
- Planning summer vacations is challenging. Signing up for camp early allows busy families to organize their summer schedule comfortably.
- Get the camp you want. Families that sign-up in May and June sometimes take their 2nd option camp, because their first option is already full.
- Discounts are biggest the furthest away from summer. Signing up during the December holiday season yields our parents the biggest discounts.
- Cancellation insurance gives you ultimate flexibility. Classroom Antics camps are normally non-refundable. However, by selecting Cancellation Insurance, your family can change plans the day before camp, and still receive a 100% refund on your camp fee.
Do you have a related follow-up question? Ask in the comments below, or feel free to call us at 800-595-3776.