Summer Tech Camp for Kids 10-14 Years Old
Turn your kids love of video games into a potential career in Video Game Design: Arcade Generation tech camp!
What Kids Will Learn
Design numerous types of arcade-style video games by applying key skills of character development, environment creation, and innovative gameplay with GameMaker software. Kids are led through the full process of creating a video game, including developing characters, rooms, adding backgrounds, music, sound effects and other great techniques. Kids are provided access to a copy of the GameMaker software and a library of graphics and music files to continue to develop the video games they make in camp and create new ones. Video games produced in camp will be saved on a complimentary USB drive, to play with friends and family on Windows computers.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours (12 Hours if 4-day week)
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: GameMaker for Windows
Requirements to Attend
- Ages: 10-14 Years Old (by first day of camp)
- Cleveland-Akron area summer camps (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus area summer camps (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati-Dayton area summer camps (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit area summer camps (Southeastern Michigan)
The cost of this program is $195-$235, depending if the program is offered during a 4-day or 5-day week of camp. If a holiday is observed during camp, we will condense the curriculum to accommodate the shortened week.
Register to Attend
|Find locations, dates, times, availability and register for this program. Click the register now button (right) for a real-time view of program availability.||REGISTER NOW|