Turn your child’s creativity into code in Computer Programming: Creative Coders™ tech camp, where kids will create multiple, fun, and interactive software programs!
What Kids Will Learn
Create interactive games, as well as musical and artistic software programs with Scratch’s visual programming language and Makey Makey invention hardware. Kids will learn how to use if-then statements, loops, variables, and subroutines. Programs created in this camp will be saved on a complimentary USB drive, to share with friends and family, and are playable on Windows computers.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours (12 Hours if 4-day week)
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Scratch for Windows and Makey Makey
Programs We’ll Design in Camp
- Quadrant Race – Race characters around the screen, using x-y coordinates
- Operation Cromwell – Remove all of Cromwell’s spare parts without electrocuting him
- Whack-a-Squirrel – Build your own arcade game using Play-Doh®
- Amazing Maze – Create a self-built controller to navigate through a self-built maze with portals, levels, and obstacles
- Paper Piano – Make a piano using software and hardware out of everyday objects (paper, tin foil, Play-Doh)
Learn about the new enhancements for 2017.
Requirements to Attend
- Ages: 9-14 Years Old (if attending during summer)
- Grades: Currently in 3rd-8th grade (if attending during school-year)
- Prerequisite Experience: 5 hours of computer time
- CLEVELAND / AKRON / CANTON – Beachwood, Berea, Brecksville, Brunswick, Chagrin Falls, Fairlawn, Green-Uniontown, Hudson, Kirtland, Medina, North Ridgeville, North Royalton, Orange, Solon, Westlake
COLUMBUS – Dublin, Grove City, Hilliard, New Albany-Gahanna, Pickerington, Powell, Westerville, Worthington
CINCINNATI / DAYTON / N. KENTUCKY – Anderson, Blue Ash, Cheviot-Bridgetown, Fairfield, Florence, Liberty Twp-West Chester, Loveland, Madeira, Mason, Montgomery, Newtown-Mariemont, Springboro, Wyoming
The cost of this program is $190-$235, depending if the program is offered during a 4-day or 5-day week of camp. If a holiday is observed during camp, we will condense the curriculum to accommodate the shortened week.
Register to Attend
|Find locations, dates, times, availability and register for this program. Click the register now button (right) for a realtime view of program availability.||REGISTER NOW|