Who are the instructors?
- Every class has a lead instructor, and depending on class size, additional student teachers. Experienced teachers and technologists are hired for all positions. Lead instructors are college educated, and some are parents as well. All staff go through training before becoming instructors and receive fingerprint background checks before teaching to ensure the safest environment possible.
Where are the classes held?
- Classes are held in local community buildings, schools, recreation centers, youth centers, churches, temples, libraries and banquet halls.
Where can I see an Open House?
- Open Houses are available anytime. We provide Open Houses for PTA meetings, home schools, or any other multi-parent event. Call 800-595-3776 to schedule an event for your group.
Do students bring their own computer to class?
- No, Classroom Antics provides all computer and technology equipment for the entire class. Students do not need to bring their own computer, as each child will have equipment provided to them for use during the program.
How is lunch provided for children during summer camp?
- For campers who are taking both a morning and afternoon session, parents are responsible for providing a take-along lunch for their children to eat each day of camp. It is also recommended to pack a snack for morning and afternoon, as we often take a 10-15 minute break half-way through each morning and afternoon session.
My child’s birthday is during camp. May I bring food in?
- We LOVE birthdays! Call us before camp or class starts and we will help make your child’s day special.
Will my child be able to bring home equipment they use during class?
- Children are permitted to take home the video games and animation they create, but they will not be able to take home the computers or robotics equipment. Upon request, instructors may take pictures of the classroom projects for parents or guardians.
Are the classroom computers available for purchase?
- Yes. Our classroom computers are refreshed periodically, and our computer equipment is available for purchase. Please ask the Program Director for more details.
Are 9-year olds and 13-year olds in the same class?
- Yes, classes are mixed with children from many age groups, as our classes cross age boundaries. The older students may develop computer games, animation, or robots that are more sophisticated than some of the younger students. This is completely normal. As a result, the older students sometimes become mentors to younger ones. Children are encouraged to share ideas and help each other solve problems.
My child has special needs. Are these classes appropriate for him/her?
- Special needs cases are evaluated on an individual basis. The Program Director will evaluate if our instructors can provide the proper environment for your child and the other children in the class. Call before registering to discuss.
Do I need to register my children for the class, or can I just show up?
- Class sizes are limited, based on staff availability and facility size. Therefore, it is recommended to sign-up for class as early as possible, to ensure you have a reserved space for your child.
What is the refund policy?
- No cancellations on camps or classes. The only exception to this is if you purchased Cancellation Insurance during registration checkout.
What happens if I drop or miss a class or camp?
- There are no prorated refund or credits for missed classes or for dropped classes. Once class begins, you are in class for the entire session. This is true regardless of your attendance. There is a medical exception (see below).
What is the medical exception for dropping a class?
- Medical situations supported by a written and signed acknowledgement from a licensed medical practitioner will allow us to extend a credit on your account, prorated from the date we receive the medical acknowledgement. Please note this is a credit, not a refund. The credit may be applied toward future programs.
May I transfer from one class or camp into another?
- As long as there is room, no problem. Discounts do not transfer, so there may be a balance due after the transfer. Call us to discuss your situation in detail. If you transfer into a less expensive class or camp, a credit balance will be applied to your account (not a refund).
How do I put my child on a wait-list for a sold-out camp?
- Our registration system detects sold-out camps and creates a WAITLIST for parents to register. This is a free wait-list. If a space becomes available, all people on the wait-list are emailed simultaneously about the new opening.
- We recommend that, if you want a particular camp and can attend a similar Classroom Antics camp close-by, sign-up for the near-by camp and the WAITLIST for the camp you wish. Then we can transfer you to the closer camp if it becomes available. Transfers are free (see question above).
Can I use my employer’s flexible spending account?
- Chances are, yes, but check with your employer’s HR representative to make sure. Day camps are usually reimbursable under your Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account. You’ll need our Tax ID number which is located on your camp receipt that is emailed to you when you register for camp.
Is extended care available, either before or after summer camp?
- We understand that working parents may need additional child care before or after camp. College Nannies+Tutors is an organization that will drop your children off at camp and pick them up when camp is over. Extended care is typically an additional cost.
When is payment due?
- Full payment is required during registration. In the event that a class or camp is cancelled, your money will be refunded 100%, including any registration fees, if applicable.
How do I sign up for camp or class?
- Review which camp or class is right for you and use our Registration System to find the next class near you. Feel free to call us at 800-595-3776 if you have any questions, and we’ll be happy to help.