Classroom Antics is looking for College of Education students currently attending an accredited university, who have a passion and excitement to learn and teach science and technology programs to kids in elementary and middle school.
The Education Intern position will entail classroom teaching, as well as supporting day-to-day operations of the company. Education Intern tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching elementary and middle-school students;
- Communicating with parents;
- Developing curriculum;
- Working with schools and community centers to schedule programs;
- Helping coordinate, prepare and implement training sessions;
- Preparing material and providing general support for events;
- Writing content for our website in the area of science and technology education;
- Providing general support to the Program Director.
Classroom Antics is looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
- Passion and excitement to learn and teach science and technology;
- Optimistic, cheerful, positive attitude;
- Classroom management skills (preferred, but not required);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good organization and time-management skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Basic computer skills;
- Logical reasoning skills;
- Ability to drive to locations within our territory;
- Ability to lift some medium-heavy objects into and out-of a van for transport;
- Available to teach after-school programs and occasional evening events.
Education Interns are hired on an on-going, as needed basis. Minimum 9-week commitment; 4-16 hours/week; start/end date flexible. Our main office is located in North Royalton, Ohio. Our enrichment programs are run on-site at remote locations across the metropolitan area.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the Education Intern position, along with a current resume: