Classroom Antics is inspiring the next generation of engineers, scientists, and technologists, but we can’t do it without experienced, enthusiastic teachers.
Offering high-quality enrichment in a non-traditional setting in the areas of STEM, Classroom Antics hires 1) educational students looking for hands-on experience in the classroom, 2) practicing educational professionals looking for ongoing professional development, and 3) anyone who is passionate about sharing their passion for STEM subjects with future problem-solvers.
The After School Instructor position gives our instructors the opportunity to be a part of a growing company, teaching 21st-century skills. Our instructors don’t just show up to “babysit” or read the syllabus. Instead, they take a hands-on role in sparking students’ interest in engineering and technology. We approach all of our activities not as a way to practice for a test, but rather as a way to solve real-world challenges.
The day-to day activities of the After School Instructor may include:
- Leading a classroom of elementary and middle-school students;
- Reaching out to parents about their students;
- Building relationships with schools and community centers;
- Providing support to the Program Coordinator;
- Representing Classroom Antics in an enthusiastic and professional way.
Classroom Antics is looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
- Passion and excitement to learn and teach science and technology;
- Optimistic, cheerful, positive attitude;
- Classroom management skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good organization and time-management skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Logical reasoning skills;
- Ability to drive to locations within our territory;
- Ability to lift some medium-heavy objects on and off a vehicle for transport;
- Available to teach after-school programs and occasional evening events.
While our main office is located in the quiet suburbs of North Royalton, OH, our programs are run on-site at schools across the Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati metropolitan area. Depending on location and ability, our instructors work at many diverse schools from large, public schools, to small, private schools in each market.
After School Instructors are hired on an on-going, as-needed basis. Minimum 9-week commitment; 4-16 hours/week; start/end date flexible. This position will report directly to Kit John. Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-773-6655.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the After School Instructor position, along with a current resume: