Jr. LEGO Robotics: Early Engineers™ tech camp is for LEGO® lovers who want to bring motion and life to their LEGO builds!
What Kids Will Learn
Build and program simple machines, mechanisms, and structures with LEGO WeDo technology and perform a series of mini-challenges. Kids will construct LEGO robots that move with motors, react with sensors, and emit sounds and control them using basic visual programming. LEGO robots remain at camp; pictures of robots and LEGO creations are sent home after camp.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Duration: 15 Total Hours (12 Hours if 4-day week)
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: LEGO WeDo for Windows
Robots We’ll Build and Program in Camp
- Smart Spinner – Mechanical spinning top, kids challenge each other for longest spin
- Goal Kicker and Keeper – Robot that kicks a paper ball through a goal that keeps score
- Cheerful Fans – We can’t have soccer goals without fans cheering us on!
- Airplane Rescue – Airplane changes propeller speeds whether ascending or descending
- Sailboat Storm – Sailboat that rocks back and forth to the waves of the sea
- Forklift* – Program the forks of a forklift to raise and lower using a switch
- Tower Crane* – Lift objects and move them across the table using a tall crane
- Drawbridge* – Program your drawbridge to go up and down for passing river boats
- Race Car* – Drive forward and backwards; add sensors to avoid accidents
* time permitting, kids usually end up creating 2 of the 4 optional builds
Requirements to Attend
- Ages: 7-9 Years Old (if attending during summer)
- Grades: Currently in 1st-3rd grade (if attending during school-year)
- Prerequisite Experience: 2 hours of building LEGO sets
- CLEVELAND / AKRON / CANTON – Beachwood, Berea, Brecksville, Brunswick, Chagrin Falls, Fairlawn, Green-Uniontown, Hudson, Kirtland, Medina, North Ridgeville, North Royalton, Orange, Solon, Westlake
COLUMBUS – Dublin, Grove City, Hilliard, New Albany-Gahanna, Pickerington, Powell, Westerville, Worthington
CINCINNATI / DAYTON / N. KENTUCKY – Anderson, Blue Ash, Cheviot-Bridgetown, Fairfield, Florence, Liberty Twp-West Chester, Loveland, Madeira, Mason, Newtown-Mariemont, Springboro, Wyoming
The cost of this program is $190-$235, depending if the program is offered during a 4-day or 5-day week of camp. If a holiday is observed during camp, we will condense the curriculum to accommodate the shortened week.
Register to Attend
|Find locations, dates, times, availability and register for this program. Click the register now button (right) for a realtime view of program availability.||REGISTER NOW|