Kids learn what they love in Jr. Video Game Design: Keepers Quest™ tech camp by creating their own 3D video games!
What Kids Will Learn
Design video games with fun characters, imaginative worlds, and exciting challenges using Kodu from Microsoft. Kids will play each other’s games, offering compliments, suggestions, and encouragement along the way. Video games created in this camp will be saved on a complimentary USB drive, to play with friends and family on Windows computers.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Duration: 15 Total Hours (12 Hours if 4-day week)
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Kodu for Windows
Games We’ll Make in Camp
- Coin Game – Find coins in your world and get lots of points; game to learn software
- Capture the Apple – Similar to Capture the Flag, this 2-player game gets competitive
- Look and Find – Search different worlds to find hidden treasures in this multi-level game
- Relay Race – Race around your world and bring objects back to your home base
- Scavenger Hunt – Create computer-guided players that challenge you on your quest to find gems
Requirements to Attend
- Ages: 7-9 Years Old (if attending during summer)
- Grades: Currently in 1st-3rd grade (if attending during school-year)
- Prerequisite Experience: 2 hours of playing video games
- CLEVELAND / AKRON / CANTON – Beachwood, Berea, Brecksville, Brunswick, Chagrin Falls, Fairlawn, Green-Uniontown, Hudson, Kirtland, Medina, North Ridgeville, North Royalton, Orange, Solon, Westlake
COLUMBUS – Dublin, Grove City, Hilliard, New Albany-Gahanna, Pickerington, Powell, Westerville, Worthington
CINCINNATI / DAYTON / N. KENTUCKY – Anderson, Blue Ash, Cheviot-Bridgetown, Fairfield, Florence, Liberty Twp-West Chester, Loveland, Madeira, Mason, Newtown-Mariemont, Springboro, Wyoming
The cost of this program is $190-$235, depending if the program is offered during a 4-day or 5-day week of camp. If a holiday is observed during camp, we will condense the curriculum to accommodate the shortened week.
Register to Attend
|Find locations, dates, times, availability and register for this program. Click the register now button (right) for a realtime view of program availability.||REGISTER NOW|