If your child loves Minecraft® and wants to learn how to design and program new ideas into their worlds, then join us in this awesome Minecraft: Mod Mania™ tech camp, brand new for 2017!
What Kids Will Learn
Craft and program new ideas into Minecraft worlds through modding, server customization, circuitry, skins and textures. Kids will setup and customize mods, LAN servers, switches, circuits, and work with Redstone. Mods used in this camp will be saved on a complimentary USB drive to take home.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours (12 Hours if 4-day week)
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Minecraft for Windows
Topics We’ll Cover in Camp
- Adding Mods – How to install an enhancement mod
- Hacking Mods – How to change and customize existing mods
- Servers – How to activate client-side servers, and install Java servers on a LAN
- Redstone – How to build circuits with Redstone and command blocks
- Textures – How to customize skins for objects using textures
Requirements to Attend
- Ages: 10-14 Years Old (if attending during summer)
- Grades: Currently in 4th-8th grade (if attending during school-year)
- Prerequisite Experience: 5 hours of playing Minecraft
- CLEVELAND / AKRON / CANTON – Beachwood, Berea, Brecksville, Brunswick, Chagrin Falls, Fairlawn, Green-Uniontown, Hudson, Kirtland, Medina, North Ridgeville, North Royalton, Orange, Solon, Westlake
COLUMBUS – Dublin, Grove City, Hilliard, New Albany-Gahanna, Pickerington, Powell, Westerville, Worthington
CINCINNATI / DAYTON / N. KENTUCKY – Anderson, Blue Ash, Cheviot-Bridgetown, Fairfield, Florence, Liberty Twp-West Chester, Loveland, Madeira, Mason, Newtown-Mariemont, Springboro, Wyoming
The cost of this program is $190-$235, depending if the program is offered during a 4-day or 5-day week of camp. If a holiday is observed during camp, we will condense the curriculum to accommodate the shortened week.
Register to Attend
|Find locations, dates, times, availability and register for this program. Click the register now button (right) for a realtime view of program availability.||REGISTER NOW|