Lights, Camera, LEGO! Become a producer of stop-motion animation videos by enrolling your child in our Stop-Motion Animation club, offered exclusively to homeschoolers!
What Kids Will Learn
Produce stop-motion animation videos using LEGO bricks, mini-figures, and Eclipse video-capture software. Kids express their creativity by developing stories with characters, green-screen backgrounds, and a high-definition webcam. Stop-motion videos produced in camp will be saved on a complimentary USB drive, to share with friends and family on Windows or Mac computers.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 6 Total Hours (1.5 Hours/Day x 4 Days)
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Eclipse for Windows
Techniques We’ll Cover in Camp
- Walk and Wave – Making characters and objects move naturally on-screen
- Record Sounds – Adding pre-recorded sounds and our own voices to video
- Chroma Key – Using a Green Screen, place characters in a virtual scene
- Rig Removal – Removing undesired objects that we accidentally recorded in-frame
Requirements to Attend
- Grades: Currently in 3rd-8th grade
- Prerequisite Experience: 1 hour of watching a stop-motion movie
- CLEVELAND / AKRON / CANTON – North Royalton
The cost of this club program is $85.
Register to Attend
|Find locations, dates, times, availability and register for this program. Click the register now button (right) for a realtime view of program availability.||REGISTER NOW|