Lights, Camera, LEGO! become a producer of stop-motion animation videos by enrolling your child in Stop-Motion Animation: Brick Flicks™ tech camp!
What Kids Will Learn
Produce multiple stop-motion animation videos using LEGO bricks, mini-figures, and Eclipse video-capture software. Kids express their creativity by developing stories with characters, green-screen backgrounds, and a high-definition webcam. Stop-motion videos produced in camp will be saved on a complimentary USB drive, to share with friends and family on Windows or Mac computers.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours (12 Hours if 4-day week)
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Eclipse for Windows
Techniques We’ll Cover in Camp
- Walk and Wave – Making characters and objects move naturally on-screen
- Chroma Key – Using a Green Screen, place characters in a virtual scene
- Overlay – Adding artificial features to videos like lightsabers
- Rig Removal – Removing undesired objects that we accidentally recorded in-frame
Requirements to Attend
- Ages: 9-14 Years Old (if attending during summer)
- Grades: Currently in 3rd-8th grade (if attending during school-year)
- Prerequisite Experience: 1 hour of watching a stop-motion movie
- CLEVELAND / AKRON / CANTON – Beachwood, Berea, Brecksville, Brunswick, Chagrin Falls, Fairlawn, Green-Uniontown, Hudson, Kirtland, Medina, North Ridgeville, North Royalton, Orange, Solon, Westlake
COLUMBUS – Dublin, Grove City, Hilliard, New Albany-Gahanna, Pickerington, Powell, Westerville, Worthington
CINCINNATI / DAYTON / N. KENTUCKY – Anderson, Blue Ash, Cheviot-Bridgetown, Fairfield, Florence, Liberty Twp-West Chester, Loveland, Madeira, Mason, Newtown-Mariemont, Springboro, Wyoming
The cost of this program is $190-$235, depending if the program is offered during a 4-day or 5-day week of camp. If a holiday is observed during camp, we will condense the curriculum to accommodate the shortened week.
Register to Attend
|Find locations, dates, times, availability and register for this program. Click the register now button (right) for a realtime view of program availability.||REGISTER NOW|