If your child is like mine they have watched countless YouTube videos and now they want a YouTube account to share their own videos and become a famous YouTuber.
While setting your child up with a YouTube account isn’t exactly easy, but if you follow these steps, it isn’t hard either.
1. First you will need to set-up a Gmail account, you can do that by going to gmail.com
Note: If your child is under 12 you will need to use your information to set-up the account, because according to Google’s Terms of Service a user must be 13 or older.
2. Once in Gmail click on the tiled buttons next to the bell icon at the top of the page
3. A pull-down menu will open showing you a number icons, click on the YouTube icon
4. You will be taken to YouTube.com where you will click the words “My Channel” on the left-hand side of the page
5. You will then be taken to a page to set-up the YouTube channel
Note: This is where customization begins and it is best to involve your child at this point.
6. You should then pick a name for your channel
Here are some things to consider when doing so:
Don’t use your child’s real name for safety reasons
Pick a channel name that is easy to remember since they will want to share it with friends
If possible, channel name should reflect the type of videos they want to post
7. Name the channel by selecting “To use a business or other name, click here.”
8. Type in your child’s channel name
9. Select the category of channel
Note: It is most likely going to be “Arts, Entertainment, Sports”
10. Your child is now ready to begin posting videos