“Animation offers a medium of storytelling and visual entertainment which can bring pleasure and information to people of all ages everywhere in the world.” -Walt Disney
According to the Princeton Review, “It is challenging to achieve the level of professionalism expected in this industry (animation) without study.” This is why children as young as nine are beginning their journey to become an animator. One of the first steps they take is enrolling in a stop-motion animation camp. Stop-motion animation camps are a great opportunity for kids to learn the basics of movie-making, editing, and storytelling. There, they can refine their skills before they move on to one of the top colleges to study animation.
The More You Practice The More You Grow
Like with so many fields of study, the more you learn and practice, the more you grow. The animation field is no exception. Thus, if your child shows an interest in animation, taking camps and continue practicing their skills is recommended. Their love of animation can take them in amazing directions even all the way up to college. According to study.com, there are some top animation schools here in the US. If your child is considering a career in animation, consider one of these top 10 colleges to study animation.
Top 10 Colleges to Study Animation
- Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA)
- California Institute of the Arts (Valencia, CA)
- Lesley University (Cambridge, MA)
- Brigham Young University (Provo, UT)
- Pratt Institute (Brooklyn, NY)
- Ringling College of Art and Design (Sarasota, FL)
- Rhode Island School of Design (Providence, RI)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (Rochester, NY)
- University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL)
- University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA)
We have seen some amazing animations created by the talented kids in our Tech Camps. We look forward to watching their future creations as they go off to become the next big name in animation! If your child is interested in taking their first step into a career in animation join us in Brick Flicks Stop Motion Animation Camp today.
Enroll today as space is limited. Our registration system shows real-time availability. Contact us if you have any questions.