Registrations will open this Black Friday weekend. Watch your inbox for a special promo code!
Booking a summer camp in winter may seem strange but it’s a very good idea. It actually has a lot of benefits: savings, selection, anticipation, and planning.
Kids usually have about 10 weeks of summer available to plan activities and family events. And while the price of some activities won’t change much, the availability of those activities does.
Is It Too Early to Register?
Booking a summer camp early can offer some key benefits:
- Biggest discounts – Many camp programs offer the largest discounts to early-bird registrations.
- Best availability – Booking early gives you the best selection of options offered by the camp.
- Waitlist avoidance – Popular camps will sell-out, so by booking early, you can avoid having to wait for a spot to open before you can get in.
- Gifting option – If you book early you can give the gift of camp for a holiday or a birthday. If you are choosing this for our camp you can even download a gift certificate to give to them.
- Anticipation – Booking early gives families something to look forward to doing.
- Planning – Making at least some of your summer plans early can take the pressure of trying to juggle too many things at the last minute.
Why Can’t I Wait to Book Summer Camp?
If you’re familiar with the Rocks, Pebbles, and Sand principle, you know that rocks have to be added to the jar before pebbles and sand. Similarly, important events need to be planned ahead of time, and last-minute activities are more flexible and can be added later.
During the summer, you will find some activities are highly flexible and can be booked at the last minute. Consider these types of events your sand events. For example, you may have an amusement park nearby. Or you may have another city that your family would like to visit that is only a few hours away. Or maybe you have some fun activities in your own city that you’ve been itching to explore. These events can be added last.
Some events need to be planned ahead of time, or you may lose an opportunity to do them. Consider these types of events your rocks. For example, you may have a family reunion, long-distance vacation, or a summer camp your child wants to attend. These events need to be booked ahead of time due to scheduling constraints and multiple calendars.
What If My Plans Change?
If you want total flexibility and protection against unforeseen events that can disrupt your summer plans, make sure to purchase refundable travel for trips and cancellation insurance for camps. This typically adds around 10% to the original cost of travel or camp, but it may be worth it if bought in advance.
These types of protection plans allow you to book early, yet still have the luxury of a flexible schedule. And if you book early enough, any discounts you receive my more than cover the cost of additional insurance options. *taps head*
Register for Camp Today
Enroll today as space is limited. Register and save your child a seat at camp. Our registration system shows real-time availability in each program. Contact us if you have any questions.