Video Game Design Camp
We’re all about turning consumers into creators! Transform your child’s love for video games into a future education or career path with Arcade Game Design!
What Kids Will Learn
Put your child’s passion for video games to use in Arcade Game Design. In this camp, kids design an array of arcade-style video games by applying key skills of character development, environment creation, and innovative gameplay with GameMaker software. Campers are led through the full process of creating a video game, including developing characters, rooms, adding backgrounds, music, sound effects and other great techniques. Kids are provided access to a copy of the GameMaker software and a library of graphics and music files to continue to develop the video games they make in camp or create new ones. Video games produced in camp are saved on a complimentary USB drive to play with friends and family on Windows computers.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours (12 Hours if 4-day week)
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: GameMaker for Windows
Requirements to Attend
- Ages: 10-13 Years Old (by first day of camp)
- Cleveland-Akron area summer camps (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus area summer camps (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati-Dayton area summer camps (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit area summer camps (Southeastern Michigan)
The cost of this program is $209-$249, depending if the program is offered during a 4-day or 5-day week of camp. If a holiday is observed during camp, we will condense the curriculum to accommodate the shortened week.
If your camper loved Video Game Design: Arcade Generation in 2018, they’ll also love…
Register to Attend
|Find locations, dates, times, availability and register for this program. Click the register now button (right) for a real-time view of program availability.||REGISTER NOW|