Video Game Design Camp
In this Game Design Camp, we transform your child’s love for video games into valuable STEM skills or maybe even a career. We’re all about turning your gamer into a game developer!
What Kids Learn in Game Design Camp
In this Video Game Design Camp, kids take their passion for video games to a new level by learning to develop their own playable video games. In this tech camp, kids design an array of arcade-style video games by applying key STEM skills. They will learn character development, environment creation, and innovative gameplay with GameMaker software.
Kids are led through the full process of creating a video game and even develop multiple video games throughout the week. Kids are provided access to a copy of the GameMaker software and a library of graphics and music files to continue to develop the video games they design in tech camp or create new ones. Video games designed in this tech camp are saved on a complimentary USB drive that can be loaded on to Windows computers for friends and family to play.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: GameMaker for Windows
Requirements to Attend this Camp
- Age: 10-13 Years Old (by the first day of camp)
- If your child is 7-9 Years Old please register for Game Builders
Video Game Design Camp Locations
- Cleveland-Akron area summer camps (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus area summer camps (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati-Dayton area summer camps (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit area summer camps (Southeastern Michigan)
Program Fee for Game Design Camp
The fee for one half-day, morning or afternoon, of summer camp is $235 – $249.
If your child would like to come for a full-day that is great. All you have to do is register them for a morning and an afternoon camp.
We allow full-day summer campers to stay over the lunch hour for free. So then all you need to do is send a packed lunch with your child. Our instructors will make sure they are well cared for over the lunch hour and ensure they get to their afternoon camp.
Additional Camps for Coding & Creating
- Minecraft Coding Tech Camp (Ages 10-13)
- Creative Coders Tech Camp (Ages 8-12)
- LEGO Robotics Tech Camp (Ages 10-13)
Register to Attend
Dates for Video Game Design Tech Camp are being finalized now. Please register for our Email Club at the top of this page to be notified when summer camp dates become available and to receive discounts.