Cromwell’s Code is a set of class rules all participants of a Classroom Antics program are expected to follow. Following Cromwell’s code ensures that programs are safe and enjoyable for all students.
- Be respectful and courteous.
- Raise your hand to speak.
- Be gentle with equipment.
- Keep work area clean with food and drink at snack table.
- Have fun!
Participants in Classroom Antics programs are generally well-behaved. While some participants may become excited with our program (which is completely normal), the following discipline guidelines are intended for the very few participants that break Cromwell’s Code repeatedly.
Execution of these guidelines in at the discretion of the instructor.
- First offense – Verbal warning by instructor with explanation of why the behavior isn’t appropriate during our program.
- Second offense – Same as number 1, but with a reminder that this is their second warning.
- Third offense – Semi-private verbal warning. Student should be taken aside by the instructor and their behavior discussed. If a Camp or Club Manager or another instructor is on-site, they should be part of this step. Parents will be notified of the offense in-person or by phone by the end of the work-day (notifying the parent during pick-up is strongly preferred).
- Fourth offense – Written warning. Student should be given a time-out (~5 minutes) and a written warning that explains their offense. The form needs to be signed by the parent or guardian in order to return to the program the following class.
- If a participant physically attacks another person or is completely reckless, steps 1-3 are skipped and step 4 immediately starts with the Discipline Form. This includes, but is not limited to: a participant touching another person inappropriately, pulling another person’s pants down (yes, this has happened), hitting another person, and damaging property.
- Fifth offense – Expulsion from Classroom Antics programs. The offending participant will be withdrawn from the program and supervised by the Camp or Club Manager or school until their parent or guardian picks them up.
- The parent or guardian of the offending participant will be contacted to pick up their child immediately, and the participant will not be permitted to return to the currently-attending program, nor any Classroom Antics program in the future.
- Registration fees for this program and all future programs will not be refunded; however, fees for future programs may be transferred to another participant.
- If any future registrations have Cancellation Insurance, Program Fees for those programs may be refunded.