Video Game Design Camp
In this Video Game Design Camp, kids turn screen time into learning time by developing their own 3D video games! This tech camp offers an opportunity for kids to turn their love of video games into a technology and engineering learning experience.
What Kids Learn in Game Design Camp
While in Game Builders tech camp kids will design multiple video games using Kodu Game Lab from Microsoft. As a result of learning this block-based coding language, they gain an understanding of visual programming. Subsequently, they also learn how to create and implement key game design elements that enhance the video game experience. In addition, kids also enhance their problem solving and strategizing skills with exciting challenges and innovative video gameplay.
To inspire collaborative video game design in tech camp kids are encouraged to play each other’s video games, offering feedback, suggestions, and encouragement. The video games designed in this STEM camp are saved on a complimentary USB drive kids can use to load onto Windows computers. This will allow friends and family to play the games they designed in the tech camp.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Duration: 15 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Kodu for Windows
Requirements to Attend this Camp
- Age: 7-9 Years Old (by the first day of camp)
- If your child is 10-13 Years Old please register for Arcade Game Design
Video Game Design Camp Locations
- Cleveland-Akron area summer camps (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus area summer camps (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati-Dayton area summer camps (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit area summer camps (Southeastern Michigan)
Game Design Summer Camp Fee
The fee for one half-day, morning or afternoon, of summer camp is $235 – $249.
If your child would like to come for a full-day that is great. All you have to do is register them for a morning and an afternoon camp. We allow full-day summer campers to stay over the lunch hour for free. So then all you need to do is send a packed lunch with your child. Our instructors will make sure they are well cared for over the lunch hour and ensure they get to their afternoon camp.
Additional Camps for Coding & Creating
- LEGO Bots Tech Camp (Ages 7-9)
- Creative Coders Tech Camp (Ages 8-12)
- Brick Flicks Tech Camp (Ages 9-13)
Register to Attend
Dates for Game Design Camps are being finalized now. Please register for our Email Club at the top of this page to be notified when summer camp dates become available and to receive discounts.