Minecraft Animation Summer Camp
Minecraft. Surely you’ve heard of it! This day camp will allow your child to use Minecraft skins and worlds and their own attention to detail to create wallpaper and animation videos. Kids will learn the basics of 3D animation using Mine-imator, a popular and powerful 3D animation software. Your child will develop skills in art, technology and animation as they dream, develop and create their very own animated videos!
What Kids Learn in Minecraft Animation Camp
In this Mine-imator summer camp, kids learn how to produce animated YouTube-style videos with Minecraft art. We teach kids the basics of the 3D animation process: positioning 3D Minecraft art with a coordinate rose, positioning the camera, tweening, keyframing, shortcuts for keyframing, importing art, rendering videos to export, and video editing. In this Mine-imator camp, kids use Windows 10 laptops, Mine-imator software, and Animotica software to create multiple types of Minecraft 3D Animation videos.
Kids will be able to express their own creativity through art, animation, sound, and their passion for Minecraft. If your child already loves Minecraft and animated videos, they will love creating their very own animations with their own worlds and skins they bring from home using a complimentary USB drive they receive on the first day of camp. The Mine-imator wallpapers and videos created in this tech camp are saved on the same USB drive to share with friends or family on Windows and Mac computers.
Note: Campers do not upload videos to any video-sharing platform like YouTube during this camp. Instead, we provide instructions on how families can upload their projects to their home computer or to a video-sharing platform. When you save to the cloud, you can also use mobile devices to view videos or download wallpaper.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Mine-imator; Animotica for Windows
Requirements to Attend this Camp
- Age: 9-13 Years Old (by the first day of summer camp)
Camp Locations & Dates
- Akron summer camps schedule (Northeastern Ohio)
- Cleveland summer camps schedule (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus summer camps schedule (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati summer camps schedule (Southwestern Ohio)
- Dayton summer camps schedule (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit summer camps schedule (Southeastern Michigan)
Classroom Antics Advantage
Our programs are uniquely different from other programs. We take pride in not only what we teach, but also how we teach.
- Professional educators – teachers with classroom experience
- Small class sizes – 12 students max per class
- Dedicated materials & equipment – 1:1 student to equipment ratio
- Close to home – most programs within a 15-minute drive
- Fun, safe, social, and respectful environment
Cost of Minecraft Animation Camp
Each of our summer camps meets all week for three hours each day as either a morning or afternoon camp. The program fee for one week of half-day summer camp is $259.
If you would like your child to attend a full day of summer camp, you will need to register for both a morning camp and a different afternoon camp. When you do, you will automatically receive a $20 discount, bringing the cost down to $498. When you are registering your child, select the two camps you would like. We allow full-day summer campers to stay over the lunch hour between sessions for free. Full-day campers should bring a packed lunch. Our staff will make sure they are well cared for over the lunch hour and ensure they get to their afternoon camp.
Note: If camp meets during a shortened week, prices are pro-rated accordingly.
Register for Camp Today
Enroll today as space is limited. Register and save your child a seat at camp. Our registration system shows real-time availability in each program. Contact us if you have any questions.