Kids can be more than a game player, they can be a game designer in Video Game Design: Uncharted Worlds™ tech camp, brand new for the 2017 season!
What Kids Will Learn
Design numerous video games by developing characters, creating environments and programming rules with GameMaker software. Kids will explore the world of game design and discover what makes adventure-style games so great, like side-scrolling, physics, and puzzle-solving. Video games produced in camp will be saved on a complimentary USB drive, to play with friends and family on Windows computers.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours (12 Hours if 4-day week)
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: GameMaker for Windows
Games We’ll Make in Camp
- Space Cadet – Features moving backgrounds to create the illusion of speed
- Happy Bird – Similar to Flappy Bird™ game, features wrapping objects to avoid
- Cave Crusade – Features rooms that are larger than a player’s viewable area
- Frogger – Just like the arcade game, features unpredictable cars and funny frogs
- Escape Mission – Space adventure game, features platforms, gravity, and side-scrolling
Requirements to Attend
- Ages: 10-14 Years Old (if attending during summer)
- Grades: Currently in 4th-8th grade (if attending during school-year)
- Prerequisite Experience: 5 hours of playing video games
- CLEVELAND / AKRON / CANTON – Beachwood, Berea, Brecksville, Brunswick, Chagrin Falls, Fairlawn, Green-Uniontown, Hudson, Kirtland, Medina, North Ridgeville, North Royalton, Orange, Solon, Westlake
COLUMBUS – Dublin, Grove City, Hilliard, New Albany-Gahanna, Pickerington, Powell, Westerville, Worthington
CINCINNATI / DAYTON / N. KENTUCKY – Anderson, Blue Ash, Cheviot-Bridgetown, Fairfield, Florence, Liberty Twp-West Chester, Loveland, Madeira, Mason, Newtown-Mariemont, Springboro, Wyoming
The cost of this program is $190-$235, depending if the program is offered during a 4-day or 5-day week of camp. If a holiday is observed during camp, we will condense the curriculum to accommodate the shortened week.
Register to Attend
|Find locations, dates, times, availability and register for this program. Click the register now button (right) for a realtime view of program availability.||REGISTER NOW|