In this virtual stop-motion animation camp, kids get to make their very own brick flicks videos!
What Kids Learn in Virtual Stop-Motion Camp
In this virtual camp, produce multiple animated videos and learn the elements of film production. Using Stop Motion Studio Pro on a mobile device, kids film and enhance their videos. For example, they add titles, sounds, foregrounds, and backgrounds to give their videos more of a movie feel. In addition, kids also learn advanced techniques like editing frames with overlays and rigging.
Adding to the fun of this virtual camp, kids use their own LEGO bricks and LEGO mini-figures to develop their stories. Kids will save the stop-motion videos they create in this camp to share with friends and family.
- Class Size: 5 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 10 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Stop Motion Studio Pro
Requirements to Attend Stop-Motion Camp
- Age: 9-13 years old (by the first day of camp)
- Mobile Device: iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone, Android tablet, or Android phone (for Stop Motion Studio Pro app and Zoom app)
- Computer with webcam, audio, and microphone (for Zoom)
- Reliable internet connection
- Stop Motion Studio Pro App installed on your Mobile Device ($4.99)
- Zoom installed on Mobile Device and Computer (Free)
- LEGO bricks, LEGO Minifigures, and a LEGO base plate (any color)
- Materials to make a backdrop: box, poster board, construction paper, tape, etc.
Upcoming Camp Dates
|Session||Date & Time|
|June 21-25, 2021||10:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
|July 5-9, 2021||10:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
The fee is $249 for a weeklong program, Monday – Friday. The sessions are led by a professional instructor for 2-hours each day at the same time.
Register for Virtual Brick Flicks
Enroll today as space is limited. Our registration system shows real-time availability. Contact us if you have any questions.