In Virtual Game Builders Camp, kids turn their love of video games into a learning experience and build their very own 3D video games in live interactive sessions!
What Kids Learn in Game Builder Camp
In this virtual STEAM camp, kids gain an understanding of visual programming by learning how to design their own video games with exciting challenges, innovative gameplay, and fun characters using Kodu Game Lab from Microsoft. In addition, they increase problem-solving and strategy skills by implementing their own game designs. As a result, they learn to create and implement elements that enhance the video game experience.
In Virtual Game Builder STEAM camp kids design multiple video games that they will be able to save and play with friends and family on Windows computers.
- Class Size: 5 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Duration: 10 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Kodu for Windows
Requirements for Camp
- Age: 7-9 years old (by the first day of camp)
- If your child is 10-13 years old, please register for Virtual Game Design
Students must have access to the following during the program:
- Windows-based computer (Windows 8 or higher) – Kodu software will NOT work on a MAC or a Chromebook
- Web camera
- Computer mouse (not trackpad)
- Computer audio and microphone
- Reliable internet connection
Virtual Game Builders Times
- June 29 – July 3, 2020 – 1 pm – 3 pm (EST) – SOLD OUT
- July 13 – 17, 2020 – 10 am – 12 pm (EST) – SOLD OUT
- July 20 – 24, 2020 – 10 am – 12 pm (EST)
Virtual Game Builder Camp Fee
The fee is $249 for a weeklong program, Monday – Friday. The sessions are led by a professional instructor for 2-hours each day at the same time.
Register before July 31, 2020, with code with VIRTUAL50 and receive $50 off.
Register for Virtual Game Builders
Just click on the Register Now button below to enroll.
Enroll today as space is limited. Our registration system shows real-time availability. Call us if you have any questions.