In this Virtual Game Design Camp, we turn your gamer into a game developer!
What Kids Learn in Virtual Game Design Camp
In this Virtual Video Game Design Camp, kids take their passion for video games to a new level developing their own playable video games. In this tech camp, kids design an array of arcade-style video games by applying key STEAM skills. They learn character development, environment creation, and innovative gameplay with GameMaker software.
Kids are provided access to a copy of the GameMaker software and a library of graphics and music files to install on their Windows computer to develop the video games they create in camp and create new ones after camp is over. Kids will be able to save the video games they design to play with friends and family.
- Class Size: 5 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 10 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: GameMaker for Windows
Requirements to Attend this Camp
- Age: 10-13 years old (by the first day of camp)
- If your child is 7-9 years old, please register for Virtual Game Builders
Students need access to the following during the program:
- Windows-based computer (Windows 8 or higher)
- Web camera
- Computer mouse (not trackpad)
- Computer audio and microphone
- Reliable internet connection
Virtual Game Design Times
- June 15 – 19, 2020 – 10 am – 12 pm (EST) – SOLD OUT
- June 15 – 19, 2020 – 1 pm – 3 pm (EST) – SOLD OUT
- June 29 – July 3, 2020 – 10 am – 12 pm (EST) – SOLD OUT
- July 6 – 10, 2020 – 10 am – 12 pm (EST)
- July 6 – 10, 2020 – 1 pm – 3 pm (EST)
Virtual Game Design Camp Fee
The fee is $249 for a weeklong program, Monday – Friday. The sessions are led by a professional instructor for 2-hours each day at the same time.
Register before June 15, 2020, with code VIRTUAL50 to save $50 off of your registration.
Register for Virtual Game Design
Just click on the Register Now button below to enroll.