In this Virtual Game Design Camp, your gamer will evolve into a game designer!
What Kids Learn in Virtual Game Design Camp
In this Virtual Game Design Camp, kids take their passion for video games to a new level. In camp, kids design an array of arcade-style video games. They also get to customize them by applying their creativity and key STEM skills. Kids learn character development, environment creation, and innovative gameplay. In camp, we use GameMaker software by YoYo Games.
Kids are provided access to the GameMaker software and a library of graphics and music files to install on their Windows computer. As a result, they can continue to develop the video games they create in camp. They can even create new ones after camp is over.
Also, kids will be able to save the video games they design and play them with friends and family.
- Class Size: 5 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 10 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: GameMaker for Windows
Requirements to Attend this Camp
- Age: 10-13 years old (by the first day of camp)
- If your child is 7-9 years old, please register for Virtual Game Builders
Students need access to the following during the program:
- Windows-based computer (Windows 8 or higher) – GameMaker software will NOT work on a MAC or a Chromebook
- Web camera
- Computer mouse (not trackpad)
- Computer audio and microphone
- Reliable internet connection
Upcoming Camp Dates
|Session||Date & Time|
|June 28-July 2, 2021||1:00 PM to 3:00 PM|
|July 12-16, 2021||1:00 PM to 3:00 PM|
The fee is $249 for a weeklong program, Monday – Friday. The sessions are led by a professional instructor for 2-hours each day at the same time.
Register for Virtual Game Design
Enroll today as space is limited. Our registration system shows real-time availability. Contact us if you have any questions.