Computer Coding Camp
This coding camp serves as a perfect introduction to coding and programming. Due to the fact that camp kids get to learn programming essentials and apply them to their own animated stories and interactive games. In addition, they also get to use Makey Makey kits to connect the world to their computers.
What Kids Will Learn in Coding Camp
In creative coders, kids combine musical, artistic, and computer skills to create their own interactive games. For the most part, kids use Scratch to do the coding in this tech camp. In order to make it easy to learn, Scratch’s visual programming language is simple and straightforward but powerful in what it allows students to accomplish. In addition, kids use Microsoft’s Makey Makey invention hardware to turn everyday objects into computer controls.
Integrating if-then statements, loops, variables, and subroutines, summer campers learn the foundation of all coding languages. In addition to new coding skills, in this tech camp kids will learn to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and integrate internal and external computer components.
Furthermore, computer programs created in this tech camp are playable on Windows computers and saved on a complimentary USB drive to share with friends and family at home.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Scratch for Windows and Makey Makey
Requirements to Attend this Camp
- Age: 8-12 Years Old (by the first day of camp)
Coding Camp Locations
- Cleveland-Akron area summer camps (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus area summer camps (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati-Dayton area summer camps (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit area summer camps (Southeastern Michigan)
Coding Camp Program Fee
The fee for one half-day, morning or afternoon, of summer camp is $235 – $249.
If your child would like to come for a full-day that is great. All you have to do is register them for a morning and an afternoon camp.
We allow full-day summer campers to stay over the lunch hour for free. So then all you need to do is send a packed lunch with your child. Our instructors will make sure they are well cared for over the lunch hour and ensure they get to their afternoon camp.
Additional Camps for Coding & Creating
- Arcade Game Design Tech Camp (Ages 10-13)
- Minecraft Coding Tech Camp (Ages 10-13)
- Brick Flicks Tech Camp (Ages 9-13)
Register for Email Club
Dates for Coding Tech Camp are being finalized now. Please register for our Email Club at the top of this page to be notified when summer camp dates become available and to receive discounts.