Computer Coding Camp
This coding camp serves as a perfect introduction to coding and programming. Kids use software, hardware, and both sides of their brain to code their own animated stories and interactive games.
What Kids Will Learn in Coding Camp
In Creative Coders Camp, kids combine musical, artistic, and computer skills to create interactive games. Due to integrating if-then statements, loops, variables, and subroutines, summer campers learn the foundation of all coding languages. However, kids use Scratch visual programming language in this tech camp. Scratch is simple to learn but powerful in what it allows kids to accomplish.
In addition, kids use Makey Makey invention hardware to turn everyday objects into computer controls. Furthermore, computer programs created in this tech camp are playable on Windows computers and saved on a complimentary USB drive to share with friends and family at home.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Scratch for Windows and Makey Makey
Requirements to Attend this Camp
- Age: 8-12 Years Old (by the first day of camp)
Coding Camp Locations & Dates
- Akron summer camps schedule (Northeastern Ohio)
- Cleveland summer camps schedule (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus summer camps schedule (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati summer camps schedule (Southwestern Ohio)
- Dayton summer camps schedule (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit summer camps schedule (Southeastern Michigan)
Coding Camp Program Fee
The fee is $249 for this half-day afternoon (1 pm – 4 pm) summer camp.
For a full-day camp option (9 am – 4 pm) register for a morning camp as well and send a packed lunch each day. Our full-day campers stay over the lunch hour with the instructors for free. The fee for a full-day is $498.
Register for Creative Coders
Just click on the “Register Now” button below to enroll.
Enroll today as space is limited. Our registration system shows real-time availability. Call us if you have any questions.