Computer Programming Camp
Turn your child’s creativity into code in Creative Coders tech camp, where kids design fun, interactive software programs! This camp serves as a perfect introduction to programming, as kids have a blast learning coding essentials and applying them to create their own animated stories and interactive games.
What Kids Will Learn
Coding is a blast with the software and programming taught in Creative Coders! Combining musical, artistic and computer skills, kids create interactive games with the software, Scratch. Scratch’s visual programming language is easy for kids to learn and apply to Microsoft’s Makey Makey invention hardware, which kids connect to everyday objects turning them into a touchpad for the project. Integrating if-then statements, loops, variable and subroutines, campers program the software to be their own, while learning essential programming basics. Kids apply their creativity to new computational skills to produce visual, musical and action choices for their creations. Programs created in this camp are playable on Windows computers and are saved on a complimentary USB drive to share with friends and family at home.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours (12 Hours if 4-day week)
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Scratch for Windows and Makey Makey
Requirements to Attend
- Ages: 8-12 Years Old (by first day of camp)
- Cleveland-Akron area summer camps (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus area summer camps (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati-Dayton area summer camps (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit area summer camps (Southeastern Michigan)
Prices vary depending on location. Check out location pages for detailed pricing.
If your camper loved Programming: Creative Coders in 2018, they’ll also love…
Register to Attend
|Find locations, dates, times, availability and register for this program. Click the register now button (right) for a real-time view of program availability.||REGISTER NOW|