Video Game Design Camp
Kids turn screen time into learning time in Game Builders tech camp by creating their own 3D video games! This course offers an opportunity for kids to turn their love for video games and computer playing into a technology and engineering learning experience.
What Kids Will Learn
In Game Builders, campers design video games with exciting challenges, innovative gameplay, and fun characters using the software Kodu from Microsoft. By learning the block-based coding language, they gain an understanding of visual programming and develop their problem solving and strategizing skills. Campers are encouraged to play each other’s games, offering feedback, suggestions and encouragement. Video games created in this camp are saved on a complimentary USB drive to play with friends and family on Windows computers.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Duration: 15 Total Hours (12 Hours if 4-day week)
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Kodu for Windows
Requirements to Attend
- Ages: 7-9 Years Old (by first day of camp)
- Cleveland-Akron area summer camps (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus area summer camps (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati-Dayton area summer camps (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit area summer camps (Southeastern Michigan)
The cost of this program is $209-$249, depending if the program is offered during a 4-day or 5-day week of camp. If a holiday is observed during camp, we will condense the curriculum to accommodate the shortened week.
If your camper loved Video Game Design: Level Up! in 2018, they’ll also love…
Register to Attend
|Find locations, dates, times, availability and register for this program. Click the register now button (right) for a real-time view of program availability.||REGISTER NOW|