Video Game Design Camp
In Video Game Builders Camp, kids turn their love of video games into a learning experience and build their very own 3D video games!
What Kids Learn in Game Builders Camp
While in this video game building camp, kids design multiple video games using Kodu Game Lab from Microsoft. As a result, they understand visual programming. Subsequently, they learn to create and implement key game design elements and enhance the video game experience. In addition, kids increase problem-solving and strategy skills.
To inspire collaborative video game design, in tech camp kids are encouraged to play each other’s video games, offer feedback, suggestions, and encouragement. The video games designed in this STEM camp are saved on a complimentary USB drive kids can use to load onto Windows computers. This will allow friends and family to play the games they designed in tech camp.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Duration: 15 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Kodu for Windows
Requirements to Attend this Camp
- Age: 7-9 Years Old (by the first day of camp)
- If your child is 10-13 Years Old please register for Game Design
Game Builders Camp Locations & Dates
- Akron summer camps schedule (Northeastern Ohio)
- Cleveland summer camps schedule (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus summer camps schedule (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati summer camps schedule (Southwestern Ohio)
- Dayton summer camps schedule (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit summer camps schedule (Southeastern Michigan)
Classroom Antics Advantage
Our programs are uniquely different from other programs. We take pride in not only what we teach, but also how we teach.
- Professional educators – teachers with classroom experience
- Small class sizes – 12 students max per class
- Dedicated materials & equipment – 1:1 student to equipment ratio
- Close to home – most programs within a 15-minute drive
- Fun, safe, social, and respectful environment
Cost of Game Builders Camp
Each of our summer camps meets all week for three hours each day as either a morning or afternoon camp. The program fee for one week of half-day summer camp is $259.
If you would like your child to attend a full day of summer camp, you will need to register for both a morning camp and a different afternoon camp. When you do, you will automatically receive a $20 discount, bringing the cost down to $498. When you are registering your child, select the two camps you would like. We allow full-day summer campers to stay over the lunch hour between sessions for free. Full-day campers should bring a packed lunch. Our staff will make sure they are well cared for over the lunch hour and ensure they get to their afternoon camp.
Note: If camp meets during a shortened week, prices are pro-rated accordingly.
Register for Camp Today
Enroll today as space is limited. Register and save your child a seat at camp. Our registration system shows real-time availability in each program. Contact us if you have any questions.