Video Game Builders Camp
In Video Game Builders Camp, kids turn their love of video games into a learning experience and build their very own 3D video games!
What Kids Learn in Game Builders Camp
While in Game Builders tech camp kids design multiple video games using Kodu Game Lab from Microsoft. As a result, they understand visual programming. Subsequently, they learn to create and implement key game design elements and enhance the video game experience. In addition, kids increase problem-solving and strategy skills.
To inspire collaborative video game design, in tech camp kids are encouraged to play each other’s video games, offer feedback, suggestions, and encouragement. The video games designed in this STEM camp are saved on a complimentary USB drive kids can use to load onto Windows computers. This will allow friends and family to play the games they designed in tech camp.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Duration: 15 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: Kodu for Windows
Requirements to Attend this Camp
- Age: 7-9 Years Old (by the first day of camp)
- If your child is 10-13 Years Old please register for Game Design
Game Builders Camp Locations & Dates
- Nationwide LIVE virtual camp schedule
- Akron area summer camp schedule (Northeastern Ohio)
- Cleveland area summer camp schedule (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus area summer camp schedule (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati area summer camp schedule (Southwestern Ohio)
- Dayton area summer camp schedule (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit area summer camp schedule (Southeastern Michigan)
Game Builders Summer Camp Fee
The fee is $249 for this half-day afternoon (1 pm – 4 pm) summer camp.
For a full-day camp option (9 am – 4 pm) register for a morning camp as well and send a packed lunch each day. Our full-day campers stay over the lunch hour with the instructors for free. The fee for a full-day is $498.
Register for Game Builders
Just click on the “Register Now” button below to enroll.
Enroll today as space is limited. Our registration system shows real-time availability. Call us if you have any questions.