Thank you for joining us for a wonderful week in Minecraft Coding Tech Camp!
Campers who take part in our Minecraft coding camps have many options for continuing to code outside of Tech Camp. Below you will find information about continuing your Minecraft coding education.
Download Minecraft – Education Edition
In our Minecraft Coding camps, we use the Minecraft Education Edition and Code Connection Software to learn how to use code to change the Minecraft environment. Students used Code Connection to make programs, create mini-games, and automate farming. Students can play the Minecraft Education Edition just like the original version of Minecraft.
Steps for Installing Minecraft Education Edition at Home
- Check if your child’s school offers a free version of Minecraft education edition. Some schools have already purchased Minecraft Education Edition and you can download the exact software we use in camp for free. Check your camper’s school email here.
- If you are able to access a free version, skip to step 3.
- If you do not qualify for a free version of Minecraft Education Edition, you will need to purchase the Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, which is compatible with Code Connection, from this link.
- Please note this version of Minecraft only works on computers running Windows 10.
- Please note that this version is different from the Mojang version of Minecraft and requires a different subscription. The game play is very similar and students should be able to adapt.
- Please note this is a different version that Minecraft: Education Edition. The game play is very similar and students should be able to adapt.
- Follow the prompts to Install Minecraft Education Edition or Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition.
- Install Code Connection.
- A copy is available on the student’s USB drive from camp.
- A copy can also be obtained from the link below:
- Once a copy of Code Connection is found on a USB or obtained from the link above, double-click the Win10CC.msi file to begin installation, using the Code Connection for Minecraft Setup Wizard.
- Follow the prompts to complete installation.
- Now, the student is ready to begin coding in Minecraft!
Download Minecraft Lesson Plans
Campers can continue their learning with lesson plans provided by Microsoft educators and educators across the world who teach with Minecraft Education Edition. Many lesson plans are available but can be filtered by age-appropriate lesson plans and subjects of interest.
Read Books and Tutorials
There are many books dedicated to Minecraft, we recommend these two because of their tips & tricks and use of Redstone.
Note: Classroom Antics is part of the Amazon Associates program, which receives nominal compensation for directing traffic to their products. When you click on any Amazon link above and purchase that product, you are supporting Classroom Antics and the programs we provide.