Thank you for joining us for a wonderful week in Minecraft Coding Tech Camp!
Campers who take part in our Minecraft coding camps have many options for continuing to code outside of Tech Camp. Below you will find Minecraft Educational Resources that can help you contiunue your Minecraft Education.
Resource: Minecraft – Education Edition
In our Minecraft Coding camps, we use the Minecraft Education Edition and Code Connection. In combination, these Minecraft Educational Resources allow kids to use code to change the Minecraft environment. Kids use Code Connection to make programs, create mini-games, and automate farming. The Minecraft Education Edition is used to help code environments. What is great, kids can play Minecraft with the education edition just like the original version of Minecraft.
Installing Minecraft Education Edition at Home
- Check if your child’s school offers a free version of Minecraft education edition. Some schools have already purchased Minecraft Education Edition. Thus, you can download the software for free. Check your child’s school email here.
- If you are able to access a free version, skip to step 3.
- If you do not qualify for a free version of Minecraft Education Edition, you will need to purchase the Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, which is compatible with Code Connection, from this link.
- Please note this version of Minecraft only works on computers running Windows 10.
- This version is different from the Mojang version of Minecraft and requires a different subscription. The gameplay is very similar and students should be able to adapt.
- Follow the prompts to Install Minecraft Education Edition or Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition.
- Install Code Connection.
- A copy is available on the student’s USB drive from camp. Or, from the link: Minecraft Code Connection
- Once a copy of Code Connection is found, double-click the Win10CC.msi file to begin the installation, using the Code Connection for Minecraft Setup Wizard.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Now, your child is ready to begin coding in Minecraft!
Minecraft Lesson Plans
Kids can continue their learning with lesson plans provided by Microsoft educators. Many lesson plans are available but can be filtered by age-appropriate lesson plans and subjects of interest.
Books A Great Minecraft Educational Resource
There are many books dedicated to Minecraft. We recommend these two because of their tips & tricks and the use of Redstone.
Note: Classroom Antics is part of the Amazon Associates program, which receives nominal compensation for directing traffic to their products. When you click on any Amazon link above and purchase that product, you are supporting Classroom Antics and the programs we provide.