Video Game Design Summer Camp
In this Game Design Camp, we transform your child’s love for video games into valuable STEM skills or maybe even a career. We’re all about turning your gamer into a game developer!
What Kids Learn in Game Design Camp
In this Video Game Design Camp, kids take their passion for video games to a new level developing their own playable video games. In this tech camp, kids design an array of arcade-style video games by applying key STEM skills. They learn character development, environment creation, and innovative gameplay with GameMaker software.
Kids are provided access to a copy of the GameMaker software and a library of graphics and music files to continue to develop the video games they create in tech camp or create new ones. Video games developed in this tech camp are saved on a complimentary USB drive that can be loaded on to Windows computers for friends and family to play.
- Class Size: 12 Participants
- Difficulty: Beginner-Intermediate
- Duration: 15 Total Hours
- Technology Ratio: 1:1 Student-to-Computer
- Technology Used: GameMaker for Windows
Requirements to Attend this Camp
- Age: 10-13 Years Old (by the first day of camp)
- If your child is 7-9 Years Oldplease register for Game Builders
Video Game Design Camp Locations
- Nationwide LIVE virtual camps
- Akron area summer camps (Northeastern Ohio)
- Cleveland area summer camps (Northeastern Ohio)
- Columbus area summer camps (Central Ohio)
- Cincinnati area summer camps (Southwestern Ohio)
- Dayton area summer camps (Southwestern Ohio)
- Detroit area summer camps (Southeastern Michigan)
Program Fee for Game Design Camp
The fee is $229 – $249 for this half-day afternoon (1 pm – 4 pm) summer camp.
For a full-day camp option (9 am – 4 pm) register for a morning camp as well and send a packed lunch each day. Our full-day campers stay over the lunch hour with the instructors for free. The fee for a full-day is $458 – $498.
Register for Game Design
Just click on the “Register Now” button below to enroll.