Many colleges across the country are realizing what Classroom Antics has known for years: that people love to learn more about what they love doing. This is why for years we have been teaching kids how to make their own video games in our Jr. Video Game Design and Video Game Design Tech Camps. Now, some of our first Tech Campers are starting to prepare for college and are looking to continue their education in video game design. Fortunately for them, more colleges than ever are offering video game design as a major area of study, but which one is the best one to attend.
Although college might be down the road for your child, it’s certainly never too late to get a jump start on the research now. Due to the fact that video game design is still a fairly new major, many colleges have only recently begun offering undergraduate programs. That’s why we’ve made it even easier to find the right one for your child by compiling a list of the top 10 colleges to study video game design in the U.S., according to Forbes.
- The University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA)
- The University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT)
- DigiPen Institute of Technology (Redmond, WA)
- Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (Rochester, NY)
- Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI)
- Shawnee State University (Portsmouth, OH)
- Becker College (Worcester, MA)
- Hampshire College (Amherst, MA)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic University (Troy, NY)
And, a university that was not on Forbes list but is well-known for their quality educational programs in Ohio offers a great undergraduate program in video game design:
- Ohio University (Athens, Ohio)
We wish the best of luck to all of our Tech Campers as they continue to learn and grow to pave the way for a successful future in gaming!