Coding might sound like a difficult skill to grasp. But, kids are learning how to code everyday in our coding camps. Kids who learn how to code today will be presented with so many opportunities to gain life skills and technical skills that are in demand in tomorrow’s technology driven world.
What are Some Benefits of Kids Learning How to Code?
Coders are in demand. Computers are used in every facet of our daily lives. STEM/STEAM fields are booming. Those who have these computer programming skills are in high demand for future jobs. Even big companies like Google are focusing more on teaching tech skills over hiring from Ivy League institutions. But, what does that have to do with your 10 year old? Well, when kids learn how to code it can lay the foundation for a great future. But, in the meantime it does the following:
- Enhances problem-solving skills – it is a process of finding solutions and turning mistakes into codified results.
- Brings out creativity – kids learn to create their own mobile app, video game, and website boosts their creativity.
- Strengthens academic skills – coding utilizes mathematical skills as well as computational thinking.
- Requires concentration and focus – coding enables kids and teens to stay focused and work with deep concentration.
- Adds confidence – once kids learn that coding is the way to develop their favorite pastimes like YouTube, Pinterest, Minecraft, they will gain confidence that they can learn these skills to create their own games.
Kids Become More than Coders
In our Creative Coders summer camp, we use Scratch, a visual programming language to create their own interactive stories, games, and animations. Campers also use Makey Makey, an invention kit designed to connect everyday objects to computer keys.
We’re not just “coding” on the computer. Kids are also using circuit boards, alligator clips, and a USB cable to create controllers for our programs. This device uses closed-loop electrical signals to send the computer either a keyboard stroke or mouse click signal. When your kids learn how to code with us, they’re gaining skills such as creative thinking, systematic reasoning, and collaborating with a team. Skills they can use right now and in tomorrow’s technology-driven world.
Learn More about our Coding Camps
Get notified when our coding camps start in your area. Leave your email below and you will also receive early registration opportunities and exclusive VIP discounts.